This is the best way to make Black Beans, in the Instant Pot.
Requires no soaking.
Once your beans are cooked, use them in tacos, as a side dish, turned into black bean soup or simple enjoy them alone.
Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb. Dried Black Beans
- 6 c. Water
- 1 small White Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot.
- Make sure to have valve on sealing.
- Place lid on your Instant Pot.
- Set your Instant Pot to cook on manual for 30 minutes (will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure).
- Allow natural release for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn seal to release any remaining steam.
- Once the steam has released fully, carefully remove lid. Give the beans a good stir and enjoy!