Baked Chicken and Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up or 2 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Melt butter in 13" X 9" baking pan.
- Stir in thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then swish in butter (both sides), until coated.
- Arrange them in a baking dish.
- Bake in hot oven (400F) until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F, turn over chicken pieces, and add muchrooms and wine.
- Cover dish with foil and continue baking about 30 minutes longer.