Thanksgiving isn’t the only time you should practice gratitude. Many studies have found there are many benefits to making gratitude a year-round habit. To enjoy the many mental and physical benefits of gratitude all it takes is a little bit of introspection. Here are five surprising benefits you can gain from developing an attitude of gratitude.
Benefit #1 – More Patience
Researchers at Northeastern University have found that people who felt grateful for the little everyday things in their lives were more patient and better able to make sensible decisions, compared to those who didn’t feel thankful on a daily basis.
Benefit #2 – Improved Relationships
Feeling grateful toward your partner, and vice versa can improve numerous aspects of your relationship, according to a recent study published in the Journal of Theoretical Social Psychology. This includes stronger feelings of connectedness and overall satisfaction as a couple. Being grateful for each other can significantly help your love life.
Benefit #3 – Improved Sleep
Feeling grateful can help you sleep better and for longer. This is most likely because you have more positive thoughts before you go to sleep, which can help to soothe the nervous system. If you are going to make a daily gratitude list, or keep a gratitude journal, studies have shown that it is best to do this right before bed.
Benefit #4 – Eases Depression
Gratitude is powerful. Recent studies have shown that by practicing the “three good things” exercise daily, you can see considerable improvements in depression and overall happiness, sometimes in as little as a few weeks. The activity prompts you to think of three good things or moments that happened during the day.
Benefit #5 – Gives You Happiness that Lasts
Numerous things can give you a boost of happiness, from a compliment to a sugary treat. Unfortunately, these kinds of instant gratification can quickly disappear and leave you craving more. Gratitude, on the other hand, is something that can lead to a much more sustainable form of happiness because it isn’t based in that immediate gratification, but rather a state of mind. If you take the time to regularly express gratitude and thankfulness for the things in your life, you are more than likely to see long-lasting happiness.
Gratitude doesn’t take a lot of fancy equipment to practice, but can significantly change your life. By taking just a few minutes a day to show your thanks can have substantial benefits on both your mental and physical health.
Are You Lacking Gratitude In Your Life?
Here are just some of the signs that you may be lacking gratitude in your life and may need a change.
- You find that your mind continues to drift off to better ways of being.
- You constantly romanticize the past in order to escape the present.
- You actions fail to align with your words.
- You have a sense that you are settling in your life.
- You feel disenchanted with the life you are leading.
- You feel like your relationships are superficial and lack real connection.
- You constantly dream about how your future will be.
- You continue to buy things to fill a void in your life, but never feel fulfilled.
- You see someone with a great life and want what they have.
How Can You Live a Life of Greatness Through Gratitude?
If any of these statements resonate with you, then it is time for you to take action and learn how you can develop gratitude to live a happier and healthier life.
The key to finding happiness and achieving greatness in all areas of your life is to cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
With determination and a little bit of effort you can learn how to develop a sense of gratitude and become content with yourself and your life.
Fortunately, I’ve complied a comprehensive guide that will show you the steps you need to take to cultivate genuine gratitude so you can finally achieve the greatness in your life that you desire and find true happiness and well-being.
Here’s what you’ll discover inside this guide:
- Learn that gratitude is a state of being.
- Learn how to use gratitude in your relationships to develop a deeper connection.
- Learn how the power of positive emotions and gratitude can change your life.
- Discover how practicing mindfulness and meditation can cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
- Discover what unbalanced gratitude is and how you can counteract it.
- Learn how gratitude can empower you to better understand how it can help you become more generous and compassionate.
- Find out how you can learn gratitude and incorporate it into your daily life.
- Learn how to develop gratitude habits.
- Find out how to start to cultivate gratitude into your life.
When you download this course and uncover how to cultivate an attitude of gratitude, you’ll benefit by finding genuine happiness and increasing your overall well-being.
Here are just some of the powerful benefits you’ll gain:
- You’ll come to understand that gratitude is a state of being that can be learned.
- You’ll learn simple ways to communicate gratitude to strengthen the connections in your relationship.
- You’ll discover the many benefits you can gain by developing an attitude of gratitude.
- You’ll learn how mindfulness can help you uncover gratitude in your life.
- You’ll learn how to use meditation to cultivate gratitude in your day-to-day life.
- You’ll discover how gratitude can make you more optimistic, more thankful, and more energized.
- You’ll learn how gratitude can help you find more meaning in your life and how it can help you become more sociable.
- You’ll discover the common behaviors that grateful people possess and how you can incorporate them into your own life.
- You’ll find out how you can cultivate gratitude in your life.
- And so much more!